The attached recipe I have on high regard from Maria 😉 is the bestest Limoncello ever!
400ml good quality vodka
5 unwaxed fresh lemons
(zest & juice)
170g caster sugar
(Makes one 500ml bottle)
1. Using a peeler, remove the zest from the lemons and place in a saucepan with the sugar and water.
2. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
3. After this time add the lemon juice and leave to simmer very gently for a further 5 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
5. Once cooled, mix with the vodka and pour in to a sterilised sealed glass jar.
6. Leave for up to two weeks, giving a gentle shake every couple of days.
7. Remove the lemon peel, pour in to a sterilised bottle then it’s ready to drink!